Wolloomooloo’s adored theatre-pub The Old Fitzroy is on the lookout for a tried and true, driven Restaurant Manager to oversee our award-winning restaurant on its second floor.
The multifaceted venue hosts head chef Toby Stansfield’s quirky Bistro Fitz atop its second floor, and Red Line Productions’ Red Line Theatre sits below its cobbled stairs. While nurturing the varied and unique personality of The Fitz, this role will see you leading the restaurant team, and keeping the cogs turning under the guidance of the General Manager.
The Old Fitzroy is part of Odd Culture Group; focused on honest, rewarding hospitality, precise and exceptional food and drink, and creating remarkable experiences.
You will be responsible for:
- Running smooth and efficient shifts
- Ensuring the satisfaction of our guests
- Building and implementing sequence of service
- Overseeing and managing staff development
- Reporting, rostering, ordering, and cash reconciliation
- Venue and licensing compliance
- Managing the venue holistically in collaboration with our kitchen and operations teams
You will need an understanding of and experience in:
- Venue management, including compliance and rostering
- Sequence of service and service standards
- Implementing and controlling procedures which facilitate guest satisfaction
- Training and developing a team
- Product knowledge related to cocktails, natural wine and beers (this may be taught, but prior knowledge is beneficial)
- Managing a small restaurant space in a busy metropolitan area
- Experience in Kounta/Lightspeed is beneficial
This is a service-focused position, with sufficient admin time provided to facilitate all functions of your role.
A career with Odd Culture Group:
We believe in creating a sustainable industry for a career in hospitality – so we’ve got the perks to boot!
- Inclusion in our People & Odd Culture program, providing nationally-recognised training, dedicated mentorship, immersion in OCG projects, and progression in your chosen field
- Group-wide staff discounts across our Sydney venues
- Support and assistance from a skilled and dynamic head office team
- Participate in venue initiatives for creative solutions across the group, with cash and bar tab prizes
The ball’s in your court! Apply below with a copy of your CV and we’ll get in touch with you to chat about a career with Odd Culture Group.APPLY