Public Relations Manager
Odd Culture Group is ever-advancing its presence in Sydney’s hospitality scene; sprinkling a little disarray upon the status quo with a focus on precise, enjoyable food, eclectic bevs (from crowd-pleasing to pointy-end); all crafted, served, and loved, by a crew that built this group from the ground-up. Our passion is making hospitality sustainable and enjoyable for the talented. A little Odd ourselves. Oh, and strictly pokie-free.
As the group’s roots in the industry deepen, we’ve got a lot to bloody write about. From two venues to five in one year, and with expansion forever twinkling about the horizon, content, communication and publication is more important than ever. We’re inundated with good stories, angles, exciting plans and projects – we just need that conduit to the journos, the somebodies-who-know-somebodies – and a strategic mind to map the whole thing out and action it.
This role will see you working at our Head Office in Enmore, under the direction of the Group General Manager, and collaborating across our Marketing and Functions & Events teams. Semi-structured, you’ll be managing relationships with all manner of media contacts, liaising across venue and head office teams to develop and create content for leads, while generating your own buzz within the industry and beyond – wherever it can be made. We have specific interest areas and directional input from the top down, too.
- Sticking your nose into everybody’s business (but actually) – liaising with every facet of the group, venue managers, head chefs, the exec team; making sure you know everything that’s happening everywhere – everything’s a path to a story.
- Pitching our goings-on to key media, while maintaining each of our venue’s unique voices (something very precious to us) – maintaining authenticity while being unafraid to push the boundaries.
- Media pitching, drafting press releases, copywriting, identifying stories and media targets, establishing and coordinating interviews, and tailoring media materials for specific media outlets.
- Maintaining a directory of media contacts, and fostering strong relationships with those media contacts and stakeholders.
- Copywriting, including writing engaging and accurate press releases featuring upcoming projects, news, offerings, and so on.
- Developing, maintaining, and managing the delivery of message calendars.
- Developing and presenting weekly media monitoring and WIP reports.
- Be involved in shaping group events and offerings, not just promoting them, with an influential voice within our group executive team.
- Organising, briefing and executing photo and video shoots.
- Influencer liaison (*cringes*).
What you’ll need
- Pretty extensive food & beverage (or hospitality-adjacent) media, communications and PR experience – tried and true.
- Exceptional and accurate copywriting skills with the ability to adapt to each venue’s identity and voice authentically.
- Knowledge of and connection to key media contacts.
- Deep passion for the industry, especially indie groups, and a thorough understanding of the industry environment as it evolves, grows and changes over time.
- Utter and unwavering persistence in following your leads, plus getting corrections sorted out pronto, and making sure each and every message gets where it needs to go.
- Transport to travel between venues is a must.
A career with Odd Culture Group:
We believe in creating a sustainable industry for a career in hospitality – so we’ve got the perks to boot!
- Inclusion in our People & Odd Culture program, providing nationally-recognised training, dedicated mentorship, immersion in OCG projects, and progression in your chosen field
- Group-wide staff discounts across our Sydney venues (and beyond)
- Support and assistance from a skilled and dynamic head office team
- Participate in venue initiatives for creative solutions across the group, with cash and bar tab prizes
If you think we’re a match, and you want to be a part of something special, reach out to us with your CV and cover letter, and we’ll be in touch!APPLY