Operations Manager / 2IC
Petersham’s favourite neighbourhood boozer is hunting for a seasoned Operations Manager to jump aboard and help steer this revered Inner West institution to even greater-er greatness!
The Oxford Tavern slings the Inner West’s coldest froth and the most luscious cocktails this side of the Mississippi, all while serving up Head Chef John Hockey’s mouthwatering Southern-USA-style BBQ fare from our Black Betty Smoker. A beacon of hope through lockdown, we haven’t missed a beat in showering the Inner West in our glorious comfort eats and big n’ boozy cocktails every single day.
Now we’re at the light at the end of the tunnel and tracking down the perfect Ops Manager to help our GM direct, support and assist a legendary team, so we can keep giving the locals what they love.
The Tav team takes pride in the work environment we cultivate, and we value the strong rapport we build with our colleagues and guests. So if you’re on board to be part of shaping a great culture in a rewarding work environment, we want to hear from you!
You will be responsible for:
- Running smooth and efficient shifts
- Ensuring the satisfaction of our guests
- Building and implementing sequence of service
- Reporting, rostering, ordering, and cash reconciliation
- Venue and licensing compliance
- Building, motivating and leading a team
- Developing relationships with suppliers
- Ordering supplies, stocktaking and maintaining the invoicing system
- Managing venue repairs and maintenance in collaboration with our Group tradespeople
- Managing the venue holistically in collaboration with our kitchen and restaurant management teams
You will need an understanding of and experience in:
- Ops management, including compliance, rostering, training, and team development
- Sequence of service and service standards
- Implementing and controlling procedures that facilitate guest satisfaction
- Solid product knowledge related to cocktails, wine and beers
- Operations management experience at small-to-medium scale venues in busy metropolitan areas
- Experience in H&L or Kounta is beneficial
- Experience in Lightyear is also beneficial
This is a service-focused position, with sufficient admin time provided to facilitate all functions of your role.
A career with Odd Culture Group:
We believe in creating a sustainable industry for a career in hospitality – so we’ve got the perks to boot!
- Group-wide staff discounts across our Sydney venues
- Support and assistance from a skilled and dynamic head office team
- Participate in venue initiatives for creative solutions across the group, with cash and bar tab prizes
The ball’s in your court – apply below with a copy of your CV and we’ll get in touch with you to chat about a career at The Oxford Tavern with Odd Culture Group. Cheers!APPLY