Petersham’s Oxford Tavern is in need of a seasoned General Manager, experienced in managing a high-volume, pokie-free pub focused on exceptional food, beverage, and entertainment programming. This role requires strong leadership and management of the venue in accordance with established Group targets, policy and development initiatives.
Having just undergone a renovation and refresh of its offering, The Oxford Tavern is looking for a motivated hospitality professional to steer the venue to its objectives of maintaining its fantastic community spirit and reputation, while fostering growth in its direction with an updated look, feel, and offering.
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced hospitality management professional to work as part of a creative Group, fostering collaboration with its senior management and head office teams to drive venue concepts. The Group itself is in a period of substantial growth, and upward mobility is a key value. This is ideal for someone looking to impart their own creativity in collaboration with our senior team, in identifying opportunities to develop the venue.
What’s involved in the GM position:
- Manage the financial performance of the venue, ensuring budgets are met and targets achieved.
- Lead the daily operations of your teams, ensuring all the elements that create a brilliant customer experience are delivered consistently.
- Ensure compliance with company systems and standards.
- Act as a leadership figure to uphold the standards of the Group and its values.
- Oversee recruitment and training of your team including identifying and implementing development plans
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 3+ years in a senior venue management role or 2+ years in multi-site experience
- Ability to meet KPIs, and maintain budgetary targets
- Proven forecasting experience
- Strong leadership qualities
- Exceptional time management, planning and organisational skills
- Thorough knowledge of management theory and skills, including effective and appropriate delegation, with the ability to inspire and motivate
- Cost reduction and optimisation skills and experience
- Great knowledge of pub operations, offerings, and market positions
- Licensee experience, including Advanced Licensee qualifications, is highly desirable.
A career with Odd Culture Group:
- Hands-on mentorship from seasoned hospitality operators, creating a vision against-the-grain and shaping the Group’s future impact and growth
- Inclusion in our People & Odd Culture program, providing nationally-recognised training, dedicated mentorship, immersion in OCG projects, and progression in your chosen field
- Generous group-wide staff discounts across our Sydney venues
- Support and assistance from a skilled and dynamic head office team
- A generous salary package, plus company tech and phone plan
- Participate in venue initiatives for creative solutions across the group, with cash and bar tab prizes
Apply with your CV and cover letter, and let’s talk.APPLY