Chef de Partie
The Old Fitzroy is a beautiful, quaint little pub tucked away in the heart of Woolloomooloo. With a theatre, Bistro, and main pub bar, we’re the humming heart of our community – and looking for a Chef de Partie to assist our team.
Garnering at 15/20 score in Good Food under the stewardship of ex-Head Chef Anna Ugarte-Carral, the baton has been passed to Head Chef Toby Stansfield (ex-Fabbrica, Monopole), under whom the menu has undergone a reformation centred on Modern Australian cuisine, which features heavy Australiana influences in its simple yet precise beckoning to nostalgia of the senses. Keeping with the Old Fitz’s pastiche spirit, Toby’s menu borrows from facets of many cuisines, and is not limited to a rigid style or genre.
As Chef de Partie, you’ll be responsible for running any given section, ensuring consistency in food quality, standards and presentation, and you will have opportunities to collaborate with our Head Chef to create and implement new dishes and innovations. Our menu is iterative and there are always opportunities to provide collaborative input and creative innovation. We put a lot of love and thought into our menu, and craft it with care and consideration.
We understand that your job is not the only important part of your life, and we respect this reality.
So – if you’re a keen Cook or Chef de Partie seeking a strong and tight-knit team with room for creative freedom and flexibility, there is tremendous opportunity to break new ground as part of Toby Stansfield’s team at this well-respected pub and Bistro, due for its subsequent Good Food review and hatting.
You will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day running of any given section
- Ensuring consistency in food quality, standards and presentation
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organisation of the section and the kitchen as a whole
- Assisting in the training of new staff members
- Helping to prevent food waste by controlling adequate stock levels
- Helping to create a happy, motivated, and well-disciplined team
- Collaborating with the team to create and implement new dishes for the restaurant.
You will need an understanding of:
- Running sections effectively
- Adhering to and observing food safety and kitchen hygiene standards
- Running service holistically with collaboration across all sections
- Controlling and adhering to procedures which facilitate consistent food quality with minimal waste
A career with Odd Culture Group:
We believe in creating a sustainable industry for a career in hospitality – here are some of our perks:
- Group-wide staff discounts across our Sydney venues
- Support and assistance from a skilled and dynamic head office team
- Inclusion in our People & Odd Culture program, providing nationally-recognised training, dedicated mentorship, immersion in OCG projects, and progression in your chosen field – if you are interested in a formal qualification, we can put you through your cookery training during paid work time
- Participate in venue initiatives for creative solutions across the group, with cash and bar tab prizes
If you think we’re a match, and you’d like to be a part of what we create at The Old Fitzroy, apply below with your CV and cover letter, and we’ll be in touch.APPLY