Chef De Partie
Recently awarded a chef’s hat in the 2023 Good Food Guide Awards, this is the chance for an aspiring chef to take their career to the next level as we seek to expand our team.
Seated on Newtown’s King Street, Odd Culture Group‘s flagship venue Odd Culture Newtown is our restaurant, bar and café led by Group Executive Chef James MacDonald (formerly of Hubert, St. John, and the Andrew McConnell Group), and Head Chef Jesse Warkentin (formerly of Continental Deli and Porteno Group).
Split over two levels, the restaurant, bar and café is the realisation of the Group’s marked focus on natural booze and precise, exceptional food. The venue’s expansive ground level caters to those stopping by for a quick bite; while the aged timber and glass-framed mezzanine offers a more refined dining experience. With a brand new, open-plan and modern kitchen, flooded with natural light, the food concept hones in on techniques and flavour profiles from across the world; using the best produce we can get our hands on, to simply make delicious and interesting food.
We’re looking for a motivated and professional Chef De Partie to join us and assist in delivering a successful offering as an efficient team in this new venue.
You will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day running of any given section
- Ensuring consistency in food quality, standards and presentation
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organisation of the section and the kitchen as a whole
- Assisting in the training of new staff members
- Helping to prevent food waste by controlling adequate stock levels
- Helping to create a happy, motivated, and well-disciplined team
- Collaborating with the team to create and implement new dishes for the restaurant.
You will need an understanding of:
- Running sections effectively
- Adhering to and observing food safety and kitchen hygiene standards
- Running service holistically with collaboration across all sections
- Controlling and adhering to procedures which facilitate consistent food quality with minimal waste
A career with Odd Culture Group:
We believe in creating a sustainable industry for a career in hospitality. A couple of the perks:
- Training, mentorship, immersion in OCG projects, and progression in your chosen field – if you’re an unqualified CDP, we can put you through your cookery training.
- Group-wide staff discounts across our Sydney venues
- Support and assistance from a skilled and dynamic head office team
- Participate in venue initiatives for creative solutions across the group, with cash and bar tab prizes
Apply below with a copy of your CV and we’ll get in touch with you to chat about a career with Odd Culture Group.APPLY