Chef De Partie
Odd Culture Group is breaking new ground with its newest development; flagship venue Odd Culture Newtown. Seated on Newtown’s King Street, the restaurant and cafe concept is led by Group Executive Chef James MacDonald (formerly of Hubert, St. John, and the Andrew McConnell Group), and Head Chef Jesse Warkentin (formerly of Continental Deli and Porteno Group).
Split over two levels, the bar and restaurant is the realisation of the Group’s marked focus on natural booze and precise, exceptional food. The venue’s expansive ground level caters to those stopping by for a quick bite; while the aged timber and glass-framed mezzanine offers a more refined dining experience. With a brand new, open-plan and modern kitchen, flooded with natural light, the food concept hones in on techniques and flavour profiles from across the world; using the best produce we can get our hands on, to simply make delicious and interesting food.
We’re looking for a motivated and professional Chef De Partie to join us and assist in delivering a successful offering as an efficient team in this new venue.
You will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day running of any given section
- Ensuring consistency in food quality, standards and presentation
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organisation of the section and the kitchen as a whole
- Assisting in the training of new staff members
- Helping to prevent food waste by controlling adequate stock levels
- Helping to create a happy, motivated, and well-disciplined team
- Collaborating with the team to create and implement new dishes for the restaurant.
You will need an understanding of:
- Running sections effectively
- Adhering to and observing food safety and kitchen hygiene standards
- Running service holistically with collaboration across all sections
- Controlling and adhering to procedures which facilitate consistent food quality with minimal waste
A career with Odd Culture Group:
We believe in creating a sustainable industry for a career in hospitality – so we’ve got the perks to boot!
- Inclusion in our People & Odd Culture program, providing nationally-recognised training, dedicated mentorship, immersion in OCG projects, and progression in your chosen field
- Group-wide staff discounts across our Sydney venues
- Support and assistance from a skilled and dynamic head office team
- Participate in venue initiatives for creative solutions across the group, with cash and bar tab prizes
The ball’s in your court! Apply below with a copy of your CV and we’ll get in touch with you to chat about a career with Odd Culture Group.APPLY