Bottle Shop Manager
Odd Culture Group is breaking new ground with its newest development; flagship bottle shop Odd Culture Fermented Goods. Seated on Newtown’s King Street, the natural booze concept is led by Group Beverage Manager Jordan Blackman, and is the realisation of the Group’s marked focus on natural fermentation, minimal intervention and wild ales.
This is where you come in. We’re calling for a seasoned, bright and ambitious Bottleshop Manager to coordinate and oversee the successful operation of both the physical and online store.
You will be responsible for:
- Running an organised and efficient store, and looking after our guests in a laid back and fun environment (buying booze shouldn’t be stuffy – but you know what you’re talking about)
- Fulfillment of all online orders and coordination of deliveries
- Ordering of supplies for in-store and takeaway products
- Assisting with upkeep of the website
- Creating tasting notes and descriptions for products
- Photography of new products for our online store
- Assisting with social media content, engagement, and presence
- Overseeing and managing staff development
- Reporting, rostering, and cash reconciliation
- Licensing compliance
- A keen and appropriate attention to the atmosphere and vibe of the space
You will need an understanding of and experience in:
- Bottle shop management, including compliance, atmosphere and presentation
- Store and service standards
- Implementing and controlling procedures which facilitate guest satisfaction
- Training and developing a team
- Excellent product knowledge, specifically related to natural beer and wine, minimal intervention products, wild ales, and everything funky
- Managing a bottle shop in a busy metropolitan area – experience in ecommerce is a significant plus
- Experience in Shopify and/or Kounta/Lightspeed highly beneficial
- Experience in Lightyear is also beneficial
This is a service-focused position, with sufficient admin time provided to facilitate all functions of your role.
A career with Odd Culture Group:
We believe in creating a sustainable industry for a career in hospitality – so we’ve got the perks to boot!
- Inclusion in our People & Odd Culture program, providing nationally-recognised training, dedicated mentorship, immersion in OCG projects, and progression in your chosen field
- Group-wide staff discounts across our Sydney venues
- Support and assistance from a skilled and dynamic head office team
- Participate in venue initiatives for creative solutions across the group, with cash and bar tab prizes
The ball’s in your court! Apply below with a copy of your CV and we’ll get in touch with you to chat about a career with Odd Culture Group.APPLY