The Inner West’s shining beacon of light is beckoning the divine presence of a gun Bar Manager to help lead our team as they fang out Petersham’s booziest cocktails, coldest pints, and the absolute juiciest Southern-USA-style BBQ fare this side of the Mississippi.
Unwavering through lockdown, The Oxford Tavern hasn’t missed a beat in showering the Inner West in our glorious comfort eats and lush cocktails every single day.
Now we’re at the light at the end of the tunnel and tracking down a Bar Manager with specialised bev skills; expertise in beverage ranging, bar skills and training, prep coordination and ordering consumables – doing everything that keeps the bars perfect, so the management team can support and assist our legendary team to keep giving the locals what they love.
If you’ve got experience under your belt in managing all operations of a bar, running great, smooth shifts, keeping your team happy and healthy, ensuring the locals are having a ball, and having the place looking tip top the whole way through, give us a bloody bell!!
You will be responsible for:
- Training, developing and leading staff in all aspects of the bar
- Building and implementing sequence of service and strong bar standards
- Coordinating bar prep and ordering consumables
- Developing beverage lists in terms of cocktails and back bar spirits
- Running smooth and efficient shifts
- Ensuring the satisfaction of our guests
- Reporting and cash reconciliation
You will need an understanding of and experience in:
- Hospo management, including all RSA compliance, shift and roster requirements, training, and team development
- Beverage ranging and product knowledge, including beer, wine, spirits and cocktail lists
- Building a great atmosphere in the venue, with everyone feeling safe and welcome
- Effective sequence of service and service standards
- Solid product knowledge related to cocktails, wine and beers
- Experience in H&L or Kounta is beneficial
This is a service-focused position, with sufficient admin time provided to facilitate all functions of your role.
A career with Odd Culture Group:
We believe in creating a sustainable industry for a career in hospitality – so we’ve got the perks to boot!
- Group-wide staff discounts across our Sydney venues
- Support and assistance from a skilled and dynamic head office team
- Participate in venue initiatives for creative solutions across the group, with cash and bar tab prizes
The ball’s in your court – apply below with a copy of your CV and we’ll get in touch with you to chat about a career at The Oxford Tavern with Odd Culture Group. Cheers!APPLY