Enmore’s royal portal to the underworld has reopened. The Duke’s Darklord skulks and stalks the streets on the hunt for its dough-slinging purveyor of wood fired eats, amongst the bustle and swell of live tunes, stiff drinks, and good times.
This opportunity is ripe for an ambitious Head Chef looking run a kitchen alongside the mentorship of Group Executive Chef, James MacDonald (ex-Hubert), in a brand new, purpose-built kitchen.
We’ve recently renovated the venue’s kitchen and taken our food offering to the next level. The menu relies heavily on our wood fired oven and charcoal grill, and offers our spin on some pub classics as well as some concepts out of left field. We want the food to be loud and aggressive in tandem with the atmosphere of our busy pub.
The back bone of the menu is the delicious pizzas that fly through the oven, so experience working with dough and a pizza oven is highly beneficial.
We’re looking to fill the role with an enthusiastic, experienced and organised chef, preferably with experience in cooking with fire.
Here’s what’s on offer:
- Getting to cook in a brand new, purpose built kitchen.
- Great inner west location with plenty of options for public transport and parking.
- Exposure to a dynamic range of techniques.
- Great pay and conditions.
- Internal promotion within our ever-expanding group.
- An excellent discount across our other venues which include Odd Culture Newtown, The Old Fitzroy Hotel and The Oxford Tavern.
- Coaching and collaboration with our Group Executive Chef, James MacDonald, who was previously in charge of Restaurant Hubert.
There is the opportunity for sponsorship for the right candidate.
This is your chance to help lead a creative, energetic team as you develop and maintain the strong kitchen culture that exists throughout our venues. The role would also suit a seasoned Sous Chef looking to step up and run a kitchen, with the strong support of our executive team.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with a copy of your current CV, and a cover letter. Talk soon!APPLY